Issued: May 2020
The first issue of The Latest … in the membership world has been unleashed. This monthly round-up of what membership organisations are doing for the benefit of their members and stakeholders is inevitably dominated by COVID-19, but there are examples of business as usual.
Learning from others is the premise of Inspiration Exchange so this newsletter has been created to provide examples to inspire you with ideas of how to engage with your own members and stakeholders. I hope you enjoy finding out and learning from what your peers are doing.
- New Working Group for COVID-19 Exit – ABDO set up a working group to discuss the exit phase from the COVID-19 lockdown, and beyond, to provide members with guidance for when practices open again.
- Strategic Performance Update – ACCA gives advance notice of its year-end strategic performance to provide stakeholders with confidence in ACCA’s ability to continue operating effectively and efficiently during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- New Defence Air & Space Group launched – ADS Launched a Defence Air and Space Group (DASG), a special interest group which provides ADS members with an understanding of the end user in the aerospace and space defence environment, specifically the Royal Air Force.
- COVID-19 Brokers Interest Group launched – CII invites insurance brokers to join a new COVID-19 Brokers Community Interest Group. The group is primarily aimed at regional community insurance brokers or networks.
- Pan-European business support advice – For the benefit of members, partners and wider golfing industry, EIGCA has created a suite of resources, from advice on how to communicate online to business support information from 6 countries: Denmark, France, Germany, Sweden, The Netherlands and the UK.
- Marketing campaign for benevolent fund – The ICE Benevolent Fund has rolled out a marketing campaign designed to reach members, former members and their families. The campaign focuses on financial and wellbeing services and support available for families.
- New Vice President for IChemE – ICE members voted for Jane Cutler to take the position of Deputy President. She will be presented for formal election at the AGM, which will be held, for the first time, as a virtual meeting, on 15 June 2020
- Call for #DifferenceMakers – To celebrate its upcoming 150th anniversary, the IET launched #DifferenceMakers. The campaign aims to find those who are using engineering and technology solutions to solve challenges across the world, and share their stories beyond the STEM community.
- Member survey results – As part of an ongoing research programme to understand what members most value about their membership, more than 17.5% of members participated, compared to 12% in 2018.
- Fundraising convention moves online – IoF will bring the fundraising community together from 6-8th July 2020 when its annual convention moves online. Attendees will have access to live interactive sessions or can access content on demand.
- Membership changes – The LI is offering deferred payment options to help deal with the impact of COVID-19 (DD payments are deferred for 3 months with membership split into nine monthly installments) and an Associate member level is introduced.
- AGM & elections postponed – The Law Society AGM has been postponed from July until October 2020. The Officers will remain in office until the AGM, with election of a new deputy vice president taking place at the AGM. Nomination of Council members will commence in June with elections taking effect at the AGM.
- DARE Awards go ahead with different format – The PRCA DARE Awards will be held in late September with the ceremonies held around the country as as drinks and canape receptions.
- RIBA launches competition for post-COVID – RIBA launched ‘RETHINK: 2025’ – a design competition for members and students to consider what life in our new, post-pandemic world could look like by 2025.
… and finally
- memcom conference goes interactive – memcom’s annual conference goes digital this year with a series of live webinars, roundtables, and downloadable content spread across 5 days from 1st to 5th June. Each day has a theme and over 80 high-profile speakers and suppliers share their insight and expertise.